Friday, September 29, 2006

I Think I'll Wait Until The Market Is Better For Sellers

Homeowners are finally starting to realize that we are in a Buyer's Market right now. I've heard more than one owner say, "Let me know when it's a Seller's Market again. Then I'll put my house on the market." If your plans are to sell and then put the proceeds into the bank or stock market, waiting for the market to shift back in favor of Sellers is a good strategy. But if you are looking at Selling in order to Buy a different home (upsizing or downsizing) then you may want to rethink your strategy. Remember, if the market is better for you as a Seller, then it is also better for the Seller of the home you want to purchase. Being realistic about your home's value now and taking advantage of the equity in that home to get into this Buyer's Market may be just the ticket to purchasing the home of your dreams. The best way to find out is to consult with a competent agent who has a good deal of market experience, preferably an agent who has been practicing real estate for at least seven years and understands the current market conditions. For information on what to expect from a Buyer's agent, visit my website at www.janicespencer.com and use the corresponding link on the right column.

No comments: